[column lg=”12″ md=”12″ sm=”12″ xs=”12″ ]
In support of local youth, sports, and education, ConvenientMD Urgent Care is offering $20 sports, school, and camp physicals.
Sports physicals – also known as a pre-participation physical examination – are often required by schools, athletic leagues, and camps to assess if it’s safe for your child / teen to participate in the organization or league. During the exam, our doctors and providers look for any injuries or diseases that could make it potentially unsafe to participate in the sport, camp, or school. A review of family medical history and medications is also completed, and in some cases additional tests are performed to thoroughly assess your child or teen.
What to expect at your physical
Sports, school and camp physicals have two main parts:
- Height, weight, blood pressure and pulse
- Heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose and throat
- Posture, joints, strength and flexibility
- Serious illnesses among other family members
- Past illnesses, injuries, hospitalizations and surgeries
- Whether you’ve passed out, felt dizzy, had chest pain, or strained breathing during exercise
- Any medications you are on
School, sports, and camp physicals do not replace annual physicals with a primary care physician. All patients should see their primary care physicians on an annual basis to help manage their long-term care.
- Available from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.
- No appointment necessary… JUST WALK IN!
- Does not include any ancillary services, labs or tests that may be required.
- Valid for 1st through 12th grade and traditional undergraduate college students.
Vaccines Now Available
To help meet school immunization requirements, ConvenientMD now offers the Tdap* (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis/Whooping Cough), Menactra (Meningitis), and a variety of other common vaccines.